The proposed Regulation for Supervision on Manufacture and Circulation of Cosmetics was published by Indonesia. The legislation outlines the roles of distributors and owners of cosmetic notification numbers, as well as the targets, products, and procedures for oversight.
- Indonesia: Draft Regulation of the Food and Drug Supervisory Agency on Supervision of the Manufacture and Circulation of Cosmetics
- : Study Reveals High Allergen Content in 'Sensitive' Body Care Products: market checks conducted by German association (DAAB)
ALLERGENS IN SENSITIVE COSMETICS
On December 23, 2022, MHLW announced the 29 quasi-drug additives, including 19 additives that are allowed to be used in hair colour products, will be revised. Japan published two modifications on December 23, 2022, to change the allowed additives in items classified as quasi-drugs.
- Announcement of the State Food and Drug Administration on the issuance of the Provisions on the Supervision and Administration of Enterprises' Implementation of the Main Responsibility for Quality and
The Supervision and Administration of Enterprises' Implementation of the Main Responsibility for Quality and Safety of Cosmetics (No. 125 of 2022) Regulations were published by NMPA a month later, on December 29, 2022, and will go into effect on March 1, 2023.
Active plant cells known as HydraGeneration Pale Rose are created using a particular biotechnology that combines plant cell differentiation and a plant cell culture that regulates the creation of active chemicals inside cells.
The standard, known as the Australian National Standard for Organic and Biodynamic Produce, has been amended. This standard will be updated to reflect changes in consumer information and labelling while still maintaining its "fit-for-purpose" status.
Safer Products Restrictions and Reporting was submitted as a new rule by the Washington state Department of Ecology on December 7th, 2022. The plan intends to limit the number of targeted consumer items that contain purposely added harmful substances.
- South Korea Issues Guidelines for Submitting Functional Cosmetics Exempt Items Report (Complainant's Guide)
On November 21, 2022, South Korea unveiled a notice to solicit public opinion on the new Guideline on Submission of Reporting Functional Cosmetic. The Guideline consist of the procedures to submit the report and the instructions for filling in the report for different situations.
- U.S. CPSC Urges Consumers to Immediately Stop Using and Safely Store Butterfly Express Essential Oils, Including Wintergreen, Birch and Other Blends, Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Poisoning
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is urging people to stop using certain essential oils from Butterfly Express right away.
Modern cosmetics, and "green cosmetics" in particular, are rapidly evolving, with unique natural elements from strange sources. An unusual resource is a strange group of slime moulds that have been argued over for a long time as to whether they are plants, fungi, or animals.