On September 15, 2022, the European Commission issued notification G/TBT/N/EU/924, publishing a draft amendment to Regulation No. 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the labelling of fragrance allergens in cosmetics.
- EU publishes draft amendment to Regulation No. 1223/2009 on the labelling of fragrance allergens in cosmetics
European Commission publish the Omnibus Act V, which bans 14 substances. Moreover, Methyl salicylate will be restricted per category. Omnibus Act V will apply as of December 17, 2022, and there will be no adaptation time.
- Measurement of Stress Relief during Scented Cosmetic Product Application Using a Mood Questionnaire, Stress Hormone Levels and Brain Activation
In order to evaluate relaxation feeling or stress relief induced by inhalation of an olfactory ingredient of a cosmetic product, 25 healthy females were tested upon by recording their responses to an emotion questionnaire, then by analysing their saliva samples to know the concentration of the ho
- CEO of the UK's Chemical Business Association raises concerns about supply chains and regulatory unpredictability
In an interview, CEO of the Chemical Business Association (CBA) in the UK emphasised on challenges and multiple disruptions in the supply chains during the pandemic period at its peak.
- Demands rising in Northern Ireland for improved legislation to tightly regulate non-surgical cosmetic procedures
Demands have been rising for Belfast City Council to write to the British Health Minister about improving the regulation for non-surgical cosmetic treatments in Northern Ireland, such as botox and lip fillers.
- A Green Tea Containing Skincare System Improves Skin Health and Beauty in Adults: An Exploratory Controlled Clinical Study
In order to evaluate the effectiveness of a skincare system containing ingredients such as fermented green tea (Camellia sinensis) water, niacinamide, antioxidants, and multiple natural plant extracts in improving facial-skin health and beauty, twenty-six healthy adults (both female and male, age
- An Open-Label Clinical Trial Analyzing the Efficacy of a Novel Telomere-Protecting Antiaging Face Cream
While investigating the effect of a cycloartane-type triterpene glycoside astragaloside IV, which is one of the primary compounds from the aqueous extract of Astragalus membranaceus that provides telomere protection both in vitro and in vivo, as a part of antiaging skincare solution development s
Skin care brands have been following novel approaches like “proliferation of adipocytes”, “smiling face” and “proliferation of adipocytes”, “smiling face” and ”baby collagen”baby collagen” to make plant based anti-aging cosmetics lately.
- Compatibility of Personalized Formulations in Cleoderm™, A Skin Rebalancing Cream Base for Oily and Sensitive Skin
The study was aimed at evaluating the compatibility and stability of Cleoderm™ (a topical cream used as a vehicle for the preparation of dermatological treatments) with benzoyl peroxide, cyproterone acetate, estriol, metronidazole, niacinamide, progesterone, retinoic acid, spironolactone, and tra
- Recent Green Technologies in Natural Stilbenoids Production and Extraction: The Next Chapter in the Cosmetic Industry
In this review, biosynthesis techniques (using "green technologies") of extracting stilbenoids (well-known phytoalexins in the group of polyphenolic compounds, commonly used in cosmetics) and current plant sources of resveratrol, oxyresveratrol, and piceatannol are described.