Cosmetic Product Formulation and Cosmetic Ingredient Review – Overview
Raw materials and ingredients play a major role in cosmetic product formulation. Even a modest variation in ingredient category and quantity results in a major difference in the cosmetic product formulation, efficacy, and indications. Thus, every country has imposed their own set of regulations for cosmetic ingredients and their usage limits. For instance, the United States (US) has restricted a series of chemicals and color additives from being used in cosmetics product formulation. The European Union (EU) has thirteen hundred (1300)+ cosmetic ingredients in their prohibited list and has imposed several other restrictions on the usage of ingredients, preservatives, and color additives. Likewise, countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) follow the standards of the ASEAN Cosmetic Directive (ACD). Hence it is critical to keep a tab on global regulations and regional compliance requirements while developing and marketing cosmetic products.
As Health Authorities (HAs) of every country periodically update the safety limits and prohibit ingredients that are unsafe, a comprehensive review of raw materials and ingredients is required from the Regulatory and toxicology perspective. For achieving overall compliance, effective cosmetic ingredient analysis must be performed in accordance with HA regulations such as the EU 1223/2009 Annex II–VI, the USFDA 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 21 (Cosmetic Ingredient Review [CIR] Database), Canada Hotlist, etc.
In such a scenario, selecting the right ingredients and manufacturing processes to ensure the safety and compliance of raw materials in cosmetics formulation can be a complex procedural challenge for organizations. With a team of experts in Cosmetics and Toxicology, Freyr provides a comprehensive range of cosmetic formulation review services and cosmetic ingredient review services while adhering to worldwide safety regulations.
COSMETIC PRODUCT FORMULATION AND COSMETIC INGREDIENT REVIEW - FREYR EXPERTISE
- Support with cosmetic ingredient analysis and providing the level of acceptance based on country-specific guidelines.
- Consultation on choosing the right ingredients for the right claims by performing a cosmetics formulation review.
- Cosmetics ingredient review for pre-formulation and recommendation on the reformulation of the product.
- Assistance in providing the correct International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) name to be listed on the label.
- Regulatory review for determining the cumulative concentration of impurities and residuals.
- Evaluation of colorants and fragrances in cosmetic product formulation.
COSMETIC PRODUCT FORMULATION AND COSMETIC INGREDIENT REVIEW – FREYR ADVANTAGES
- Proven track record of twenty-five hundred (2500)+ cosmetics ingredient reviews, including ingredients from different origins like synthetic, plants, and minerals.
- Consultation based on the ingredient’s origin, for cosmetic ingredient analysis.
- Change assessment of cosmetic ingredients in accordance with Regulatory compliance.
- Hassle-free services.
- Adherence to stringent timelines.
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation.
- A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories like skin care, hair care, baby care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Support with region-specific Regulatory complexities.
- An extensive partner network across the globe.
- Strong relationships with different HAs.
- A structured approach to ensure quick market access.