Raw materials and ingredients play a major role in cosmetic product formulation. Modest variation of ingredient category and quantity brings major difference to the cosmetic product formulation, efficacy and indications. Therefore, every country has imposed their own set of regulations for ingredients and their usage limits. For instance, the United States (US) has restricted a series of chemicals and color additives from being utilized in cosmetics formulation. EU has over 1300+ ingredients in the prohibited list and has several other restrictions on the usage of ingredients, preservatives, and color additives. Likewise, ASEAN countries also follow standards of the ASEAN Cosmetic Directive (ACD). Hence, it is very critical to keep a tab on global regulations and regional compliance requirements while developing and marketing cosmetic products.
As Health Authorities (HA) periodically update the safety limits and prohibit the ingredients which are unsafe, a comprehensive review of raw materials and ingredients is required from the Regulatory and toxicology perspective. An effective cosmetic ingredient analysis must be performed in line with the HA regulations such as: EU 1223/2009 Annex II to Annex VI, US FDA 21 CFR Title 21 (Cosmetic Ingredient Review Database – CIR), Canada Hotlist, and so on, for achieving overall compliance.
In such a scenario, navigating the selection of right ingredients and manufacturing processes might be a complex procedural challenge for organizations to ensure safety and compliance of the raw materials in cosmetics formulation. With a team of expertise in Cosmetics and Toxicology, Freyr provides a comprehensive range of cosmetic product formulation review and cosmetic ingredient review services while adhering to the worldwide safety regulations.
- Support with performing cosmetic ingredient analysis and providing a level of acceptance as per the country-specific guidelines
- Consultation on choosing the right ingredients for the right claims by performing cosmetics formulation review
- Cosmetics ingredient review for pre-formulation and recommendation on reformulation of the product
- Assistance in providing correct International Nomenclature for Cosmetic Ingredient (INCI) name to be listed on the label
- Regulatory review to determine the cumulative concentration of impurities and residuals
- Evaluation of colorants and fragrances in cosmetic product formulation
- Proven track record of 2500+ cosmetics ingredient review, inclusive of ingredients from different origins like synthetic, plants and minerals
- Consultation based upon ingredient’s origin, for the requirement of cosmetic ingredient analysis
- Change assessment of cosmetic ingredients in line with Regulatory compliance
- Hassle free services
- Stick to stringent timeline
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of cosmetics like skin care, hair care, baby care, oral care, beauty products and more
- Region-specific support for Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different health authorities
- Structured approach to ensure quick market access