Cosmetic Product Labeling Review – An Overview
Cosmetic product labeling is a vital aspect of marketing cosmetic products, as it is intended to help consumers find out the accurate details of a product.
Cosmetic product labeling requirements encompass a wide range of vital information, including product composition, net content, product identity, directions for use, storage information, manufacturer/distributor/importer details, expiry details, and language requirements. However, specific elements such as ingredient lists, warnings/caution statements, and language requirements can vary significantly from one region to another.
Some of the general information required for cosmetic product labeling include:
- Product composition.
- Net content.
- Product identity.
- Direction for use.
- Storage information.
- Manufacturer/distributor/importer (every country has specific cosmetic product labeling requirements).
- Expiry details.
- Language requirements.
However, information such as ingredient lists, warnings/caution statements, language requirements, and their placement on the label varies region-wise. Thus, a product that is intended to be placed in different markets must meet the region-specific cosmetic labeling requirements of the respective target markets. For example, the European Union (EU) Regulation 1223/2009, the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, Canada’s Food and Drugs Act, Cosmetic Regulation, the Consumer Packaging Label Act, etc.
Freyr provides services for country-specific cosmetic labeling and cosmetic ingredient labeling, thereby enabling manufacturers to effectively navigate through region-specific cosmetic labeling requirements.
Cosmetic Product Labeling Review – Freyr Expertise
- Expertise in cosmetic labeling review as per the cosmetic labeling requirements.
- Support with the review process for private labeling cosmetics.
- Assistance in cosmetic ingredient labeling, as per the country-specific International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) names.
- Focus on achieving overall compliance, as per the region-specific cosmetic labeling
- End-to-end region-specific gap analysis for any missing information, as per the cosmetic labeling regulations.
Cosmetic Product Labeling Review – FREYR ADVANTAGES
- Proven track record in reviewing more than five hundred (500)+ cosmetic labeling requirements for the EU, US, Dubai, Australia, Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), India, etc.
- Hassle-free deliverables.
- Adherence to stringent timelines.
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation.
- A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories like skin care, hair care, baby care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Support with region-specific Regulatory complexities.
- An extensive partner network across the globe.
- Strong relationships with different Health Authorities (HAs).
- A structured approach to ensure quick market access.