Cosmetic Product Registration in Russia - Overview
The growing demand for cosmetic and personal care products makes Russia one of the most preferred markets in the world. The current cosmetics legislation in Russia is known as the Technical Regulation on the Safety of Cosmetic Products (CU TR 009/2011). The regulations governing cosmetic product registration in Russia came into force in 2012 and are overseen by the Russian Ministry of Health (MoH). However, the same cosmetic regulations, CU TR 009/2011, have been adopted not only by Russia but also by countries like Kazakhstan, Belarus, Armenia, and Kyrgyzstan. These countries have come together to form the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), formerly known as the Customs Union, aiming to establish a harmonized Regulatory framework.
To sell cosmetic and personal care products in the Russian market, having an authorized representative based in the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) is crucial. This representative assumes roles and responsibilities similar to those of the Responsible Person (RP) in the European Union (EU). The representative is responsible for the safety and compliance of cosmetic products and maintaining the technical documentation required for Cosmetic Product Registration in Russia.
Cosmetic product registration in Russia is classified into two (02) categories based on the following associated risks:
- High-risk products (skin whiteners, tanning products, intimate care products, baby care, straighteners, etc.) require a pre-market registration to validate their safety.
- Low-risk products require a Declaration of Conformity (EAC declaration) from a body approved by the Rospotrebnadzor.
The Russian cosmetic product registration process proves to be challenging for brand owners desiring seamless market entry into Russia. As a proven Regulatory partner, Freyr provides cosmetics Regulatory services in Russia and supports cosmetic manufacturers to achieve compliance with Russian cosmetic regulations.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Russia - Freyr Expertise
- Product classification.
- Cosmetic product formulation review/cosmetics ingredient review, as per Russian cosmetic regulations.
- Label review as per Russian cosmetic labeling regulations and cosmetic labeling requirements.
- Cosmetic claims review documentation for EAC declaration.
- Document compilation for cosmetic product registration in Russia, cosmetic product notification, cosmetic product safety assessment, and toxicology.
- Compilation of Product Information File (PIF)/dossier/technical document.
- Legal Representation (LR)/Local Agent/Responsible Person (RP) services.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
- Go-to-market Regulatory support.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Russia - Freyr Advantages
End-to-end cosmetics Regulatory services in Russia.
An extensive partner network across the globe.
A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience in skincare, haircare, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
A strong relationship with the Health Authority (HA).
Ensure compliance for the formulation review, ingredient analysis, and claims review in accordance with regulations for cosmetic products in Russia.
A structured and cost-effective approach for an agile market entry for cosmetics.