Safety is of utmost importance while formulating and marketing cosmetic products. Different countries have varied criteria for the cosmetic product safety assessment. For instance, as per the European cosmetic regulation EU 1223/2009 mandate, a safety assessment is required for every cosmetic product placed in Europe and a detailed report called the ‘Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR)’ should consequently be signed by a designated person. Preparation of CPSR is a highly technical activity which requires a thorough understanding of chemistry and toxicology. One of the major challenges posed is on how to achieve consumer safety without conducting animal testing for safety assessment of the cosmetic product or its ingredients.
Likewise, Turkey (which utilizes a format similar to that of the EU), ASEAN countries, China, and other parts of the world have their own technical requirements while preparing the safety documents of cosmetic products and ingredients used.
While helping manufacturers to navigate these procedural challenges, Freyr also provides end-to-end cosmetic safety solutions with a qualified team of safety assessors experienced in conducting cosmetic safety assessment and preparing Cosmetics safety assessment reports (CPSRs) in line with the various cosmetic legislations of the EU, the US, Canada, ASEAN, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Turkey, Australia, China, etc. We also provide services in preparation of general toxicological reports for the ingredients, preparation and pre-assessment of cosmetic data, as well as toxicological risk assessment report, and so on.
- Preparation of toxicology profile for ingredients
- Toxicology risk assessment report and exposure calculations to determine margin of Safety (MoS) for finished cosmetic product ingredients
- Preparation of CPSR as per the EU regulation 1223/2009 (Part A & Part B)
- Qualified team of safety assessors
- Successful completion of cosmetic safety assessment report for 500+ products
- 350+ CPSR preparation for final cosmetic products
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of cosmetics like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products
- Support for region specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different health authorities
- Structured approach to ensure quick market access