Cosmetic Safety Assessment and Toxicology Services – An Overview
Cosmetic product safety assessment is of paramount importance when formulating and marketing cosmetic products. Different countries have different criteria for cosmetic product safety assessment. For instance, as per the European Union (EU) Cosmetic regulation 1223/2009 mandate, a safety assessment for cosmetics is required for every cosmetic product placed in Europe, and subsequently, a designated person should sign a detailed report called the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR). The preparation of CPSR is a highly technical activity that requires a thorough understanding of the chemistry and toxicology of cosmetic ingredients and the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) of individual ingredients. Likewise, Turkey (which uses a format similar to that of the EU), ASEAN countries, China, and other parts of the world have their own respective technical requirements when preparing the cosmetic product safety assessment documents for ingredients used.
One of the major challenges faced during the cosmetic product safety assessment is achieving consumer safety without conducting animal testing.
Freyr helps manufacturers navigate these procedural challenges, and provides end-to-end cosmetic safety solutions with a qualified team of safety assessors experienced in conducting cosmetic safety assessments and preparing cosmetic safety assessment reports/CPSRs in accordance with various cosmetic legislations of the EU, United States (US), Canada, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Saudi Arabia, Israel, Turkey, Australia, China, etc. We also provide cosmetic toxicology services, including cosmetic toxicological risk assessment for preparing general cosmetic toxicology reports for ingredients, preparation, and pre-assessment of cosmetic safety data sheet, as well as toxicological risk assessment report SDS authoring, and so on.
COSMETIC SAFETY ASSESSMENT AND TOXICOLOGY SERVICES – FREYR EXPERTISE
- Preparation of toxicology profile for ingredients.
- Preparation of the cosmetic toxicology risk assessment report and exposure calculations to determine the Margin of Safety (MoS) for finished cosmetic product ingredients.
- Preparation of CPSR as per the EU Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009 (Parts A and B).
COSMETIC SAFETY ASSESSMENT AND TOXICOLOGY SERVICES – FREYR ADVANTAGES
- A qualified team of safety assessors.
- Successful completion of cosmetic safety assessment report for five hundred (500)+ products.
- Three hundred and fifty (350)+ CPSR preparations for final cosmetic products.
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation.
- A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Support with region-specific Regulatory complexities.
- An extensive partner network across the globe.
- Strong relationships with different HAs.
- A structured approach to ensure quick market access.