Cosmetic Claims Substantiation – Overview
Cosmetics claims form an important part of the sales and marketing of a cosmetic product. Besides several other aspects of the label, cosmetics claims act as a determining factor in considering whether a product falls under the category of “cosmetic products”. Apart from demonstrating product efficacy, safety, and superiority, cosmetics claims also help distinguish the product category, based on the benefits of the product. False and misleading cosmetic claims may lead to disciplinary action from Regulatory authorities, and sometimes, even product recalls. Cosmetic claims should therefore be made carefully, in accordance with the region-specific regulations.
Freyr helps achieve successful cosmetic claims compliance by providing comprehensive cosmetics claims review with respect to the ingredients used as per the applicable product category, ensuring that there is a clear-cut differentiation between therapeutic claims and cosmetic claims. Freyr also provides cosmetic claims substantiation services with supporting scientific literature.
Cosmetics Claims Review – FREYR EXPERTISE
- Assistance in accomplishing a compliant cosmetic product claims review.
- Support with claims review for determining whether the claim is therapeutic or cosmetic.
- Recommendations on modification of claims to reach the target category.
- A thorough cosmetic claims review for ingredients.
- Cosmetic claims substantiation by providing scientific support through literature reviews.
Cosmetics Claims Review – FREYR ADVANTAGES
- Hassle-free deliverables.
- Adherence to stringent timelines.
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation.
- A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories like skin care, hair care, baby care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Support with region-specific Regulatory complexities.
- Global support with cosmetic claims substantiation and claims consultation.
- An extensive partner network across the globe.
- Strong relationships with different Health Authorities (HAs).
- A structured approach to ensure quick market access.