Owing to Brexit, the United Kingdom (UK) left the European Union (EU) on 31st January 2020. As part of the Withdrawal Agreement, the transition period has started immediately, which will run up to 31st December 2020. CTPA being the UK trade association, represents the manufacturers of cosmetics as well as personal care products and suppliers to the industry, and advises member manufacturers, distributors and suppliers about the strict legal framework for cosmetics. While majority of the EC 1223/2009 regulations for the cosmetics are retained in the new laws for the UK, post Brexit, a few changes will be introduced in Cosmetics Regulations to align them with Brexit. Below are the possible post-Brexit changes:
- UK Responsible Person: Manufacturers will not be able to place a product in the UK market unless a Responsible Person based in the UK is appointed. However, manufacturers with existing cosmetic products in the UK will have a transition period of two years to update the label with the name and address of the UK responsible person.
- Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment Report (CPSR): Post 31st December 2020, all CPSRs will require a signature of a safety assessor in possession of a British university diploma. All CPSRs signed prior to the exit date will remain valid on both sides of the divide regardless of the safety assessor’s qualification.
- Product Information File (PIF): The PIF must be held by the UK Responsible person and must be kept for a period of ten years after the last batch of the cosmetic product was placed on the market.
- CPNP Registration UK: All cosmetics products placed on the UK market will have to be notified to the Secretary of the State within 90 days, post Brexit, through an online portal similar to the CPNP. Separate notifications will be required in both the EU and the UK, and all the UK entities on the EU CPNP would be deactivated on the exit day.
Freyr with exclusive offices in the UK and Germany supports re-notification of your product using existing documentation, preparation of safety reports signed by both British and Continental-qualified safety assessors, ensures cosmetic compliance in UK and acts as a Responsible Person on your behalf within the UK and the EU27.
- Product Classification
- Product Testing - Stability Test, Challenge Test, Microbiology Test, Package Compatibility Test, Patch Test
- Ingredient Analysis
- Label Compliance and Artwork Creation
- Claims Review
- Claims Substantiation
- Cosmetic Safety Assessment UK
- PIF (Product Information File) Compilation
- UK CPNP Notification
- UK Responsible Person (RP) service
- Regulatory Intelligence
- Strategic Regulatory Consulting
End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetics categories like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products
Exclusive offices in the UK and Germany hence can act as a Responsible Person (RP) across both the EU and the UK
Extensive partner network across the globe
Strong relationship with the health authorities
Structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the cosmetic products