The United Kingdom (UK) has officially left the European Union (EU), and the transition period for Brexit has ended on December 31, 2020. As a result, starting from January 01, 2021, manufacturers and importers have been required to comply with the new cosmetics regulations in the UK and the existing EU cosmetics regulations in all the remaining EU countries.
The following are a few post-Brexit changes:
- UK Responsible Person (RP): Manufacturers and importers outside the country cannot place a product on the UK market unless they appoint an RP who is based in the UK.
- Product Labels: Labeling requirements in the UK are comparable to EU standards. Therefore, the product label should contain the RP’s name and address, as well as the country of origin, if the product has been made outside the UK.
- Product Information File (PIF): The PIF must be held by the RP and must be preserved for a period of ten (10) years after the last batch of the cosmetic product is placed on the market.
- Submit Cosmetic Product Notifications (SCPN): All cosmetic products placed on the UK market must be notified through an online portal called the SCPN. Separate notifications are required for the EU and the UK.
Freyr, with exclusive offices in the UK and Germany, supports your Product Registration by reviewing existing documentation, preparing Cosmetic Product Safety Reports (CPSRs), compiling PIFs, and revising product labels. This is to ensure cosmetic compliance with UK regulations and act as an RP on your behalf within the EU and the UK.
- Product classification.
- Product testing services such as the microbiology test, dermatology test (patch test), preservative efficacy test (challenge test), stability test, and package compatibility test.
- Cosmetic formulation review.
- Cosmetic ingredients toxicological analysis.
- Cosmetic safety assessment.
- UK cosmetic compliance and artwork creation.
- Cosmetic labeling review.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Claim substantiation.
- UK CPSR preparation.
- UK PIF compilation.
- RP services.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
- Strategic Regulatory consulting.
End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory services.
A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetics categories like skincare, haircare, infant care, oral care, nail care, etc
With exclusive offices in the UK and Germany, we can act as an RP across both the EU and the UK.
An extensive partner network across the globe.
Multi-market label harmonization possible.
A structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for your cosmetic products.