The United Kingdom has officially left the European Union and the transition period for Brexit has ended on December 31, 2020. Hence, from January 1, 2021, manufacturers must abide by the new cosmetic regulation in the UK and the existing EU Cosmetic Regulation in all remaining EU countries. Below are the few post-Brexit changes:
- UK Responsible Person: Manufacturers are not able to place a product in the UK market unless a Responsible Person based in the UK is appointed.
- Product Labels: Labelling specific requirements in the UK are similar to the EU standards so the product label should contain, among others, the UK Responsible Person’s name and address as well as the Country of origin, if the product is made outside of the United Kingdom.
- Product Information File (PIF): The PIF must be held by the UK Responsible person and must be kept for a period of ten years after the last batch of the cosmetic product was placed on the market.
- SCPN Notification: All cosmetics products placed on the UK market have to be notified through an online portal called Submit Cosmetic Products Notification Portal. Separate notifications is required in both the EU and the UK.
Freyr with exclusive offices in the UK and Germany supports notification of your product using existing documentation, preparation of safety reports, labels revision, ensures cosmetic compliance in UK and acts as a Responsible Person on your behalf within the UK and the EU.
- Product Classification
- Product Testing - Stability Test, Challenge Test, Microbiology Test, Package Compatibility Test, Patch Test
- Ingredient Analysis
- Label Compliance and Artwork Creation
- Claims Review
- Claims Substantiation
- Cosmetic Safety Assessment UK
- PIF (Product Information File) Compilation
- UK SCPN Notification
- UK Responsible Person (RP) service
- Regulatory Intelligence
- Strategic Regulatory Consulting
End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetics categories like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products
Exclusive offices in the UK and Germany hence can act as a Responsible Person (RP) across both the EU and the UK
Extensive partner network across the globe
Strong relationship with the health authorities
Structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the cosmetic products