Current import trends depict a growing curve for cosmetic products in Malaysia. All cosmetic products that are intended to be marketed and distributed in the local Malaysian market are required to be notified by the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency Malaysia (NPRA) through the NPRA Cosmetic Registration, formerly known as the National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau (NPCB). The voluntary Halal standards and regulations in the country cover all aspects of cosmetic products, including production, ingredient sourcing, manufacturing procedure, storage, packing, and logistics. This makes Cosmetic Product Registration in Malaysia an extremely tedious process, which can affect the ROI and the time taken to complete the processes. For a Cosmetic Product Notification, a Cosmetic License Registration is required in Malaysia. There must be a locally incorporated company, i.e., a license holder or a Cosmetic Notification Holder (CNH) in Malaysia, who should act as a single point of contact on behalf of the foreign brand owner.
With in-depth Regulatory knowledge of cosmetics in the Malaysian region, Freyr not only assists companies in understanding and aligning with the NPRA cosmetic guidelines, but also acts as a local agent to ensure that approvals are received quickly. We liaise with the NRPA (the local Health Authority [HA]) for quick query responses and mitigating other approval roadblocks.
- Cosmetic product classification.
- Cosmetic formulation/ingredient analysis.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Cosmetic Labeling Review.
- Cosmetic Notification in Malaysia with the NPRA, also called the NPRA Notification.
- Product Information File (PIF) compilation.
- Ministry of Health (MoH) audit consultancy.
- Cosmetic Notification Holder (CNH) services.
- Quest Membership Registration.
- Cosmetic Products Safety Report (CPSR) services as per the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
End-to-end Regulatory services for cosmetics
Strategic contact with the NRPA, which is the local HA.
A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories such as skincare, haircare, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
Local presence in Malaysia.
Cost-effective service with quick turnaround and a faster time to market.
Assistance in region-specific legislations and guidelines.