The Union health ministry plans to amend Cosmetic Rules 2020 under the Drugs and Cosmetic Act 1940 to strengthen the regulatory mechanism for cosmetics.
This guide has been released by the UK's Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Perfumery Association (CTPA).
- U.S. Senate Bill 504 banning PFAS in Food Packaging, Food Service Ware, Cosmetics, Personal Care Products gets support from CPN
From formulation to packaging, the cosmetics industry has been shifting towards greener production.
On February 23, 2023, the Commercial and Consumer Protection Commission (CPN) of the State of Hawaii voted on a bill SB504, which would expand the ban on perfluorinated and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from December 31, 2026 in the…
- U.S. FDA to shift cosmetics color certification function from CFSAN to the Office of the Chief Scientist
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is announcing that it will move cosmetics regulation and color certification functions out of Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) and into the Office of the Chief Scientist.
- Divergences in regulatory framework with regards to nanomaterials in cosmetics between France and the EU
Inconsistencies and incongruencies regarding accepted definition of nanomaterials for use in cosmetics has becoming a contentious issue these days.
- EU notifies WTO about proposed regulatory changes to labelling and composition requirements for four prominent cosmetic ingredients
The European Union has notified the WTO of its proposed amendments to Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009 Annexes III (restricted substances) and VI (authorised UV filters).
Guideline 527 was created by NSF, a firm with decades of expertise in nutritional supplement verification, to help strengthen the legitimacy of the cosmetics and personal care industry.
- Brazil replaces old resolution regarding labelling & composition requirements on hygiene product, personal care, cosmetics and perfumes
The Brazilian Resolution –RDC number 646, 24 March 2022 –previously notified to WTO through G/TBT/N/BRA/1341 –Which contains provisions on the obligation to describe the composition in Portuguese on the labelling of personal…